Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness

I'll tell you honestly that I have no connection to breast cancer, meaning that no one in my family has had it on either side. However, its something that I'm very interested in - making people aware of breast cancer (even though I'm sure most everyone is by now!) and making them aware that they can help.

I have a friend on MSN who had this icon in front of his username and I finally asked him what it was for. He explained that the symbol had a specific link to it *komen - which donates 25 cents to Komen for the Cure Foundation for every conversation you hold. I've been using it for quite some time now, and I have got to say it has inspired me into doing more stuff for breast cancer awareness.

Look up on Google for local foundations that give part of their earnings to breast cancer research or foundations.  My local hospital does a race for breast cancer awareness in which we raised over $10,000 last year alone.

There is so much you can do to help, and it doesn't take much either.

Best Regards,
Ryuohimesama






No comments:

Post a Comment