Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Early Morning Debate

We all have been (or have known) those people who prefer to sleep in over getting up early. However, what is best for your health and what is just more enjoyable?

I've been on both sides of the track, personally. I was a teenager who would sleep all the time, and if I could sleep in past 7am on school days I most certainly would have. Yet most recently, I've been getting up at 6:30am to take my little brother to school. And I thought I was past that early morning routine!

You know what the doctors and health nuts say - how sleep is good for you and that you need to at least get 8 hours of sleep a night. Going to bed early (unless you're extremely tired) is just boring, and not getting up early means you're missing one of the best parts of the day (and the most important meal if you sleep in really late)

I've found that waking up at 6:30am can be enjoyable, when most of the world is just starting to wake up and its slightly dark outside still. Catching the sunrise is beautiful and the world is quiet. It's a little more frustrating when you wake up later in the morning and the world is already abuzz without you. However, sleeping in can also make you feel a little more rested (depending on what time you went to bed)

Share with me your thoughts on this subject - Early morning bird or Afternoon hawk?

Best regards,
Ryuohimesama

2 comments:

  1. Interesting..
    Studies actually show that if adults over sleep say 10 hours a night it can be damaging to their health, but don't take my word for it...ask google.I personally sleep around 10 hours a night.. Also when "experts" said we need 8 hours of sleep they were referring to the average, some people require 7 hours of sleep, some 9 hours and some are in between. I read up on all this when I was experimenting with my sleeping schedule, and you should too-it's very informative and in a way advantageous...you should look up different forms of sleep too -besides monophasic sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I personally sleep between 5 to 8 hours every night - depending on the day. Being a college student really limits your sleep schedule! :P

    ReplyDelete