Thursday, November 4, 2010

In Regards to Photography

I'll start off saying I LOVE photography. I really wish I would have started realizing my love of photography when I was taking some awesome pictures of the nature around my town a couple years back, totally would have gotten me a head start on that by now.

Anywho, I love taking pictures of nature and of people when they are just doing their thing. I don't own a DSLR camera or anything yet - I take pictures with my phone and my itty bitty $200 camera I bought from Best Buy. Poor thing died on me a couple months ago while I was camping (which really made me sad because the nature around the camp site was beautiful... and I managed to get a few shots in before it totally crapped out)

The problem with all this? I want to do it professionally now (or at least that's my current idea for a major) but none of the colleges around my town do Photography as a separate "Art" major. I would love to have a photography major, with maybe a minor in art as a whole. Yet, this town doesn't believe in photography as a separate profession. I would have to declare an Art major, and take drawing and sculpture - ceramics and printmaking as well.


And the one school that does Photography as a separate major - costs more than the University I'm going to now... and is located a state away. But it offers great housing.

Life makes things complicated, my friends. I have something I'm really interested in... and its not available.

Oh well :) I can just take photos of everything in hopes that it'll get me somewhere.

Best regards friends,
Ryuohimesama

No comments:

Post a Comment